Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bowman Blue Wave Redemption and Yasiel Puig is Making Me Some Money

When I bought my first pack of 2013 Bowman, I found one of the Prospect Challenge cards in the pack.  I entered it last week (along with a few other code cards I pulled) just to see what would happen.  Low and behold, with that first code, I was informed that I had won a Blue Wave card.  I paid the shipping fee and held my breath, expecting to get something crappy (I never have good luck).

Yesterday, I received my package from Topps, containing five Blue Wave refractors.  We're off to a good start - I was only expecting one card.  Here are the first four:


Nothing truly exciting, four prospects that I don't know much about.  Still cool cards, but nothing that made me pee myself.

Then, on the bottom of that stack was this beauty.

2013 Bowman Blue Wave Refractor Certified Auto - Nick Williams #'d 31/100
Thias is a Blue Wave Certified Auto of Rangers prospect Nick Williams, numbered 31 of 100.  I really couldn't believe my luck: to get a Blue Wave auto AND for the prospect to be a Ranger?  Again, I never have that kind of luck.  I'm teetering on the fence about what to do with this one.  He is a Ranger, it is an auto...BUT...there are some cards I need to complete a couple sets and I bet this could get me a little scratch to help me get those cards...so...we'll see.

Speaking of cards that are making me money, I pulled the Yasiel Puig Bowman Top 100 insert Friday out of a retail hanger pack.  I'm not a Dodgers fan and while I think what Puig is doing is amazing, I know when to take advantage of a player's cards when he is hot.  So I instantly threw that bad boy on the Bay (see my listing here!  I have no problem with shameless self-promotion) and bidding has reached more than $31 with less than 24 hours to go!  Thank you, Yasiel!

Anyway, sorry for the multi-posts today.  I hope everyone had a good weekend!  And going back to last night's post, let me know if you are interested in doing a 2013 Bowman Box Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment