Saturday, November 18, 2017

A Topps Update...Update.

I've been buying a few packs of 2017 Topps Update here and there, mostly from Walmart. I would pick up a fat pack or hanger box on occasion and I bought a few packs at my LCS when I had to make a supply run. I guess I should blog about it.

Nothing has really struck a chord with me. The first thing I noticed was the ridiculous amount of photo variations. Here are just a few that I pulled:










The Judge variation actually came in the first (fat) pack of Update that I opened. I thought I had won the cardboard lottery...but then I saw that "short print" is actually code for "over-produced." That was a bit deflating.

I've also pulled a couple of the "Father's Day Blue" parallels:



The Chacin really doesn't look blue, but it is numbered just the same as the Knapp and Lively, so I guess it has to be.

In all, outside of the Judge and Ranger base cards, the only card I pulled that I want to keep is this rainbow parallel (that my scanner doesn't know how to handle):


So there it is. My underwhelming experience with 2017 Topps Update. Everything here, except the Judge and the Bibens-Dirx rainbow foil, are for trade. Lemme know!

6 comments:

  1. I'd be interested in the Phillips and the Junior. Shot me an email and we'll figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in any Indians you may have pulled as well as the Johnny Bench card on this post. You can reach me at tim(u derscore)gretchen(underscore)marriage at yahoo.com
    Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about that Jackie Robinson card, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use the Phillips & Piazza if they're still available.

    ReplyDelete