Thursday, December 28, 2017

Cards From The Night Owl

Recently, I shared the results of my foray into 2017 Topps Update. Spoiler alert: I wasn't impressed and felt there were too many photo variations.

The legendary Night Owl left a comment asking if one of the cards was available. It was and I sent it his way, happy that it found a home.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a bubble mailer (I think - I can't really remember, to be honest!) from Mr. Owl with an assortment of goodies inside! Here are the highlights:


This Sonny Siebert is an addition to my 1969 Topps set build, which is coming along very slowly (but surely!).


I didn't venture into Topps Chrome very much this year, but I am certainly very happy to receive this pink refractor of Yu Darvish. Darvish is still unsigned, and I am hoping that means he will eventually find his way back to the Rangers. I'm starting to find that I am going out of my way to snag his cardboard.


Speaking of guys that I have been unknowingly PC'ing, the is the "negative refractor" of Cole Hamels. I really think Topps missed the opportunity to call these "negafractors" - it sounds way cooler. Anyway, I'm always happy to add a Hamels to the collection!

Night Owl, thank you for the cards! I certainly wasn't expecting anything like this in return!

3 comments:

  1. Legendary? Can't wait to bring that up next time I meet up with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt so bad for Yu in the World Series, was hoping he'd redeem himself with a solid start in Game 7 but it was not to be. It might be good for him to return to the Rangers, where he had the most success so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be happy if Yu went back to the Rangers. Nothing against the guy, but as a Dodger fan, I don't need reminders of his WS performance and if he stays in the NL, that's what I'll get.

    ReplyDelete