Tuesday, October 2, 2018

I've Been Gone A Minute...Again

Just when I thought I would be able to get back to posting regularly, more stuff comes up and keeps me away. I mentioned in a now-deleted post (not sure how that happened) that my grandmother passed away in April and I was having trouble dealing with that. I'm a bit better, now. To help out, I decided to move back to my hometown to take care of my grandfather while writing my dissertation. This has been an...adventure...to say the least. I don't care which side of the aisle you are on politically, medical insurance and government benefits should not be as complicated as Medicare is. I'm about to earn my PhD and I don't understand a thing about Medicare.

Anyway, I've got a ton of scans ready to go for future blog updates. I haven't purchased much cardboard this year, but what I have purchased recently is almost exclusively cardboard from the blaster variety. Therefore, I will soon be starting a serious that will be called "Blaster Madness" to take a quick look at what my $20 got me. 

One product that I did manage to get in hobby box form was this year's Allen & Ginter. I am participating in Gint-A-Cuffs again this year, so I will need to have my scans and scores posted this evening. I promise that will happen. Let's just say that between missing hits and a ton of Yankees, I doubt that I will be standing on the winners podium this year!

So that's it for now. Stay tuned for new content!

4 comments:

  1. Judson! I just boxed up more Rangers for you two days ago! Your timing is wonderful! It's a good thing you're doing - taking care of your grandfather. These will be good memories for you one day. I say that only because My sister and I took care of my grandmother for a few years. She passed in 98 and I thing of her every day. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. forgive all the typos up there. wow. i shouldn't use my phone to comment.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck caring for your grandfather...and understanding Medicare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very admirable that you moved home to take care of your grandfather. Like Julie mentioned... it's a beautiful opportunity to make memories with him. My girlfriend and I were just talking about the importance of spending time with our parents while they're still around.

    P.S. Blaster Madness sounds like it'll be a blast.

    ReplyDelete