Monday, November 5, 2018

Blaster Madness 2: 2018 Bowman Platinum

For the second installment of Blaster Madness, we take a look at 2018 Bowman Platinum. In terms of number of Ranger cards pulled in a single blaster, this has to be one of my better boxes. Let's take a look.


First pack Gallo mojo! When I first saw the cards, I thought I really liked them. Now that I've had some time to see them, I'm not sure I really care for the design. What are your thoughts?


Bubba Thompson was a 2017 first-round pick for the Rangers. I don't know much about him, but the talking heads that do know their stuff seem to think he will be a very important part of the Rangers' future.


Speaking of Thompson, he is featured in the Prismatic Prodigies insert set. I actually do like these.


Willie Calhoun was the key player the Rangers acquired from the Dodgers in the Yu Darvish trade. He hasn't really produced for us yet, but hopefully more time in Triple A will cure that. This is a cracked ice parallel.


I also pulled this purple parallel of Dee Gordon numbered to 250. I like the color more than I like the plain black, but that isn't really saying a lot. 

Overall, I do like this set. I'm excited to pick up the remaining Rangers!

2 comments:

  1. I like those sock Willie Calhoun is sporting. I'd bat him in the middle of the lineup for his sock-game alone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw these on the shelve but did pick a lot of base from dime boxes. I love the color against the black background. Nice cards!

    ReplyDelete