Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Very Long Overdue Thank You Post

During the course of the past couple years, I've been setting aside any Corey Seager cardboard I pull. I carefully sleeve each one and then place them in a top loader. After a small stack builds, I send them off to Greg of Plaschke, They Sweater is Argyle

In return, Greg goes way overboard. Whereas I send mostly commons his way, he returns the favor with cards like this:


A massive patch auto ( and on-card, at that) featuring former Rangers first-round pick, Luis Ortiz Jr. from 2014 Leaf Trinity. This card is an absolute beauty.  

I was sad to see Ortiz traded. He was part of the group of prospects sent to the Brewers to acquire Jonathan Lucroy. I was certain he would be a solid number-three starter for us. Instead, he made his major league debut with the Orioles last season. He was rouged up pretty badly in that start and accompanying appearance. 

However, I owe a long-overdue "Thank You" to Greg for sending this my way. You always go above and beyond to send me some incredible cardboard. I am very grateful to consider you a friend, good sir!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. When it comes to patch cards... Leaf sure does a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card! Leaf does put out a good product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William from foul bunt and I met Luis (and his wife and kids) at Orioles Fanfest as it was winding down. He was a super nice guy and someone that both of us will be rooting for this year and hopefully many more.

    ReplyDelete