Friday, July 25, 2014

I Don't Understand BGS Logic

I sent in a couple cards for grading a couple weeks ago and picked them up yesterday. I don't understand some of the logic behind the grades. Let's take a look.

First up, my gold Luke Jackson auto:



Okay, not bad. I agree with all of those. I was even a little worried that the surface subgrade would come back at a 9 or worse, so all of these are a pleasant surprise. But let's flip it over and have a look at the auto grade:


What? A 9??? How is that a 9?!?!?!

If you thought that was bad, let's take a look at the card that really left me flabbergasted. Let me preface this by saying that I knew the card would be knocked for its centering:



10 on the auto, but an 8 on the card grade...let's take a closer look:


Two 9.5's, a 9 and a 7.5 on the centering...and that leads to a total grade of 8? I can understand an 8.5, but a freakin' 8??? This is ridiculous.

Not a lot of words here, but my blood pressure is through the roof. I have to stop before I explode!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you.
    Take a look at my auto returns this week on the blog. 9's for me as well.
    I cant see anything wrong with your auto
    For the 8 grade though BGS wont jump up a full point from the lowest subgrade hence 7.5 to 8 and not to 8.5 UNLESS the other 3 subgrades are all high and equal ala 3 10 subgrades and a 8.5 on one would still get you a 9.5.

    ReplyDelete