Thursday, March 3, 2016

So, Gavin Is Pretty Awesome, Right? (An Unintentionally Late Post)

While my dad was in the hospital a few weeks ago, I wrote this post and thought I posted it. I just noticed that I hadn't. Gavin, please forgive me, my friend!
-------------

Gavin, the mad scientist behind Baseball Card Breakdown, recently contacted me about the Giancarlo Stanton medallion I pulled from my jumbo box of 2016 Topps Series 1. Naturally, I was happy to move it since I don't collect him.

In return, Gavin sent me quite a few cards for my 1969 set. As a matter of fact, these are my first additions to the set build outside of the cards in my original purchase.









Every time I See these cards, I fall more and more in love with the set. I just love the simplicity! The Morgan and Killebrew are great, too!

But those weren't the only cards in the package - I also got a sweet BCB custom!!!


Ted Williams! Awesome! But what makes it even better? Ted Williams rocking the Navy baseball uni! He sported this after being drafted into the Navy while at Chapel Hill and again while at Pearl Harbor while playing in the Army league. This card is awesome!

Thanks again, Gavin!

2 comments: