Sunday, February 21, 2016

I'm Back With A Burning Question

I've been MIA for almost a week, My dad got an infection and has been in the hospital, so I drove back to Dallas to be with him. After a few scares, it appears everything will be okay and he is scheduled to be released tomorrow.

While driving to Dallas, I listened to a lot of podcasts. I'm a history and politics nerd, so there were quite a few of those (if you are right-leaning, I highly recommend The Federalist Hour - it's great!). I also listened to Buster Olney's podcast. I don't really care for ESPN, but I do like Olney and Timmy Kurkjian.

During the show, a very important question arose, and I want to see what you think:

If you were in the big leagues, what would your walk-up music be???

Epic question, right? So, what's your answer? Do you pick a song that everyone knows? Do you go with something funny so everyone gets a smile? Or do you pick something that gets you psyched up?

For me, I want something to give me a shot of adrenaline. If I had to choose today, I think I would pick "Throne"by Bring Me The Horizon. I would pick a different BMTH song, but it isn't exactly family friendly.



So what about you? What is your walk-up music?

14 comments:

  1. Back on my high school track team days, I went a little obscure with an unreleased live Nirvana song called "Talk to Me" on the walkman to get me charged up. But yeah, if I were lucky enough to be a pro baseball player, I would be super excited to pick my walkup music and would likely change it every couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and glad your dad's ok! Got your package the other day.. thanks a bunch! I'll feature it in a post shortly. Hopefully the 69s I sent arrived and you're happy with them.

      Delete
  2. "Threnody" by Rotting Christ. Just for the hell of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know Your Enemy - Rage Against The Machine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring the Noise - Anthrax & Public Enemy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I would have to change it up frequently too. Just way too many great songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ask this question to everybody I've ever gone to a baseball game with. My answer is always the intro to 'Sabotage' by the Beastie Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I played in college it was "Song 2" by Blur. Needless to say, it would be something to pump me up.
    Glad to hear your dad is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your dad is doing better!

    While I would probably switch it up regularly depending on my moods, I'd also probably go all over the place. One week it would be, "Why Does It Always Rain on Me?" by Travis. The next week, it would be "Pretty Vacant" by the Sex Pistols. The week after that, maybe "I Wanna Be Adored" by The Stone Roses. And, the week after that, let's say "Good Morning" by Chamillionaire.

    Like I said, all over the board.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Either https://youtu.be/SbyAZQ45uww

    or

    https://youtu.be/b1z4JfxFb6c

    I think either fits my personality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think about this every time I attend a game. I'm hoping again day everyone else and saying I need something to calm me down and make feel at home. "Ants Marching" by Dave Matthews Band. Just as far as the instrumental intro goes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think about this every time I attend a game. I'm hoping again day everyone else and saying I need something to calm me down and make feel at home. "Ants Marching" by Dave Matthews Band. Just as far as the instrumental intro goes, though.

    ReplyDelete