Saturday, February 13, 2016

So, I Bought Another Box Of 2016 Series 1

Sometimes, you just can't help yourself. Your mind says, "NOOO!" but that little devil inside tricks you.

Such was the case for me last week, as I bought a hobby box of '16 Series 1 to accompany the jumbo box I already bought. If my jumbo box was disappointing, then this hobby box was a disaster. Well, sort of.

I found a parallel in the box, this of the black variety:


Billy Burns, numbered 15 of 65.

I also pulled a relic, and it sort of fits in my collection:


Leonys Martin Scouting Report relic. Martin had such promise here in Texas. He had unquestionably the best outfield arm in all of baseball the last two seasons, but he just couldn't swing the bat well enough to stay in the lineup. Add in his temper tantrum leading into last year's postseason (he refused to go to Arizona to stay ready in case he was needed in the playoffs), and the moment was right to trade him. He was sent to Seattle over the offseason.

So, that would be a pretty damned disappointing box. However, there was one more card that might had saved it...I'm still not sure.


Aaron Hill magenta printing plate.


This is the fourth printing plate I have pulled (I pulled a 2012 Bowman Draft black plate of Jorge de la Rosa, a 2013 Gypsy Queen black printing plate of Tim Hudson, and a 2014 Bowman Platinum plate of Delino DeShields). I always say I'm going to keep the plate, and I always end up trading it or selling it. Needless to say, the plan for now is for me to keep this one.

For now.

1 comment:

  1. Nice box! Love the Aaron Hill. Wish him the best with the Brewers.

    ReplyDelete