Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mail Day!

Mail has been a little slow this week, mostly because I have stayed away from eBay. There have been a few packages, however, so let's take a look.


Building on yesterday's post, I snagged this Joey Gallo relic to add to my Gallo PC. I don't know why, I just love these damn things. And even though they are ugly as sin, I love the red-framed mini relics, also.

This year, Gypsy Queen included relic parallels, much like the auto parallels they have done the past couple years. I grabbed one...


...of Joey Gallo. C'mon, what did you expect? This one is a gold parallel, numbered 30 of 50.

I was in the bidding for another Gallo relic, numbered to 5. Unfortunately, I had a long day and dozed off at home and missed the end of the auction. The card sold for $21.

I also received a package from Topps this week. At first glance, I wasn't terribly pleased, and I vented on Twitter:


I mean, could the person care any less? That's absolutely ridiculous.

To make matters worse, I found the card like this when I opened the package:


In a flimsy semi-rigid sleeve and n top loader. Fortunately, the card wasn't damaged. Is it to much to ask that the card be sent in a penny sleeve and rigid top loader? I mean, at most, that adds an additional 20 cents to the production cost.

Anyway, this is the Topps NOW! card featuring Ranger rookie sensation Nomar Mazara.


It's a high-gloss card, and I really like the design, I think it is very nice. However, I do have a question: collectors often discuss the importance of a "true" rookie card. My question is this, then: is this to be considered his true rookie card? No doubt there will be a Mazara rookie in Series 2 or Update, but this has to be the true rookie, right? I hope so.

Anyway, that's it for this week. Sorry for complaining, I just needed to vent. I hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

  1. 9.99 for the card and they ship in that? Poor effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trevor Story has like 2 or 3 Topps Now cards, each with the RC logo, plus he'll of course be in Series 2 and/or Update, most likely with the RC logo as well. I went after his first Topps Now card, feeling that that's his "true Topps-branded rookie" since it was the first one to be released. But I get how any card released in 2016 could be considered his rookie card. It's confusing. Really his first Bowman card should be his true rookie card, when you get right down to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the design. Purchased the Ortiz packaged the same way. No foot print.

    ReplyDelete