Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mail Day!!!

A brief post to share this week's additions. Two cards arrived in the mail this week, both of the eBay variety. First up, an addition to the Harry PC:


This comes from the 2004 Just Rookies set. I thought that it was just a TTM or in-erson signature, but it turns out that it's a "certified" auto. The reverse features a hologram and serial numbering. No tthe prettiest card, but it is what it is.

Next up, a card from 2016 Bowman:



This is a gold refractor parallel from the "Turn Two" insert set. It's a beautiful card. I do have a problem with it, though. I understand the "turn two" is in relation to turning the card over to see another prospect. However, that same term has serious meaning in the sport os baseball (turning a double play). With that in mind, the players featured should be middle infielders - second basemen and shortstops - so it would make sense. I'm just SOL on that desire, I guess, because we all know Topps doesn't care what I have to say. lol

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a great weekend! Happy collecting!

1 comment: