Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Jose Altuve Keeps Finding His Way To Me

Recently, I've noticed a trend in the "hits" that I pull. One particular player keeps showing up in my packs. Who is it?

The shortest man in MLB, Jose Altuve.

A few weeks ago, I decided to buy a box of 2016 Museum Collection. It's an expensive box, and it only contains three cards. I found this in my box:

That's a jumbo relic/auto numbered to 10. I sent it in to Beckett to have it slabbed (side note: I should get this back today or tomorrow).

Not bad!

Today, I bought a box of Stadium Club. I love that product. My first auto was this guy:


This is the gold auto parallel, numbered 21 of 25. I've never pulled an auto parallel from Stadium Club before, so that's pretty cool.

Let me say here that I am not complaining about pulling Altuve autos. There are definitely worse autos to pull. Even better, Altuve is pretty collectible, so both of these should sell fairly easily. I know not everyone is a fan of selling rather than trading, but I use the proceeds to enhance my collection. These will certainly do that. (I've got the Stadium Club auto listed on eBay for $45. If you are interested in either card, let me know!).

Bowman Inception streets later this week, and I am fairly certain Altuve won't be in it. Looks like my streak will end before it ever really gets started!

I hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

  1. Great pickups. Love Stadium Club as well. Wish more of their product was up to that standard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great cards. And Altuve is a stud. Loved him since he came up. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations... both of those Altuves are sweet!

    ReplyDelete