Thursday, April 17, 2014

Finally, Some New Cards To Share

Amid all of the complaining, I actually did purchase some new cardboard. After learning that Nelson Cruz would appear in a Rangers uniform for Gypsy Queen, I knew that I needed to grad his cards. I'm not sure how many more sets will have him featuring the red, white and blue.

The cards are all minis. I'm not a big fan - there size and shape make them difficult to store - but I picked them up anyway. First up, the black version, numbered 91/199:


Next, the red version, numbered 71/99:


I didn't pull any reds from our break, so I'm wondering if these are a retail-only parallel. Anyone know?


And lastly, the sepia parallel, numbered 7 of 50.  Much closer to the brown side of the color spectrum this year.

So there it is, my first three cards in what seems like an eternity.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Not sure if the reds are retail only, but I think they might be. They're #'d to 99 but land 1:9 retail packs. I'm glad they do though, because retail blasters have just 8 packs with 6 cards each, a weak value otherwise.

    ReplyDelete