Thursday, April 24, 2014

So, My PC Player Might Be Better Than Yours

In case you didn't know, Joey Gallo is one of my player collection. He was drafted in the first round in 2012 out of Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, and immediately put up serious power numbers. Last year, Gallo's first full professional season, he led all of Minor League Baseball (MiLB) with 40 bombs.

He hasn't exactly slowed down this year. Last night, in a 21-6 shellacking of Frederick (a Baltimore farm team), Gallo added three more homers to his season total. He also walked three times. He's a beast.

He played in the 2011 Rawlings Perfect Game All American Classic. What did he do there? Only crush a 442-foot home run.


Keep in mind: in this video, Gallo is still in high school, he's using a wooden bat, AND he's playing in Petco Park in San Diego. Absolutely Impressive.

All of that talent, and he dated Greg Maddux's daughter in high school. Life must be rough for him, eh?

Speaking of the Perfect Game All American Classic, here's my favorite Gallo card that I own:


This baby is sweet. I picked it up for right at $27 - a bit more than I am used to paying, but definitely well worth it. I'll be sending it off to get graded soon - I want this bad boy in a slab so it doesn't get hurt.

So, if you have any Gallo cards, please send them my way. I am moving him to the front of the line in terms of importance in my collecting. Gracias!

3 comments:

  1. When I read the Orioles minor league scores this morning it only talked about how bad Frederick's pitching was. It didn't make mention of how the runs were scored. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The kid has some power. I've got to dig into my prospects box and see if I have any of his cardboard.

    ReplyDelete