Monday, April 21, 2014

The Audacity Of Hope (And The Absurdity Of Craigslist)

Yesterday, Once A Cub featured a post about what appears to be a killer Craigslist success story - 35,000 cards for $50 or best offer. Regardless of what he finds, that's a steal that, at the very least, will pack trade packages for YEARS. So I decided to search Craigslist in the DFW area to see what I could find.

Uh, yeah....it is a bit ridiculous.

So ridiculous, in fact, I decided to devote an entire post to them for your amusement. So, without further ado, let's get to the show!

First up, how about a 1990 Upper Deck complete set still sealed? It will only set you back $65!

Next, 32 junk wax cards for $50! Helluva deal!

This one isn't so much the price, but the description. "1000's Baseball Cards" it reads, yet doesn't show a single baseball card.

If the $65 was too much for the '90 UD set, here's an '89 Fleer complete set for $55. DEAL ALERT!!!

Here's a lot of 8,000 cards from the late 80's to early 90's for $150.

However, after much internal debate and consideration, the award for most outrageous asking price goes to this seller, who believes his collection - better described as an ode tot eh junk wax era - books for $30-$35,000, and he is willing to sell it to YOU for a low, Low, LOW price of only $3,000!!!

So there it is, hopefully some good laugh material for you this morning. I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but these things are ridiculous.


4 comments:

  1. gee I don't know which deal I like better the $65 UD 1990 set or the $3,000 junk wax collection. Let me guess you got the 8,000 card deal? Right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got you, though: Check out the "sale" at the following link: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/clt/4398597861.html

    "TOPPS ORIGINAL BASEBALL CARDS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. HAD THESE CARDS NOW FOR OVER 20 YEARS. I BELIEVE I CAN START THE BID AT. $10 per Card OR YOUR BEST OFFER.
    They aré 36 cards in total. 36x10 =360 36x5 = 180"

    Just $10 A CARD for junk wax....but they are 20 years old... Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I search Craigslist from time to time, but just for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also scan through Craigslist occasionally, but just like PATP, it's only for laughs. My favorites are the ones that say they don't know what cards are there, and they don't have time to go through it. Sure buddy, sure.

    ReplyDelete