Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Heartfelt 'Thank You'

Last night, I was looking over some posts from the past year and I noticed that there was an unfortunate theme among them: loss of loved ones. Until this year, I had only lost a great grandmother and my step-grandfather. This year, however, has been much, much worse.

It began with my Aunt Peggy, as she lost her battle with breast cancer. Shortly thereafter, Jimmy Klidas, owner of what I considered to be my "local" card shop, died of a heart attack. No one expected his passing. Then my childhood best friend's father passed away, a man who had literally been in my life since the day I was born. A few weeks later, my college roommate's (and friend to me) girlfriend passed away from brain cancer. Thirty-two is way too young to die. Lastly, and perhaps most painfully, I lost my great grandmother, Granny Berry, last week.

It has been extremely trying. I've had trials in my life, but none of them compare to this year and the amount of death that has been in it. I thought I was handling it well, but I didn't realize how much my pain was subtly coming out in my writing.

Every time, however, you (the reader) were there. Words of kindness were left on every post, and in my grief, I failed to realize how much everyone cared. 

For that, I am eternally grateful. I have found solace in my collection this year. However, I have found comfort and healing in your words. My only regret is not saying 'thank you' sooner. Please know that every condolence left means a great deal to me.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. It's been a tough year for you and your loves ones. My family will keep you and yours in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all go through rough times and lose loved ones and whether its expected or not it still hurts. Prayers are with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your chin up (except when praying and finding solace in your cards).

    ReplyDelete