Friday, August 11, 2017

I'm Starting To Fall In Love With Oddballs

When I first started collected, oddballs were just that to me: odd. I didn't know what to make of them. At some point, I decided that I didn't care for them.

However, as time has passed, I've found myself being drawn to oddballs more frequently.

For instance, I just picked this up:


I tried multiple times to get a scan of the other image on this coin (Bell's face), but evidently I'm not talented enough to do that.


This coin is form the 1984 7-11 Super Star Sports Coins set. I don't believe any other Rangers were featured in this set, unfortunately. That doesn't matter though, because I dig this one.

I think oddballs are really becoming some of my favorite pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Oddballs provide that needed variety, that "something different" that every hobby needs to keep it interesting. Of course, oddballs have long been my favorite pieces, so I may be a touch biased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been crazy for oddballs since i began collecting. slurpee discs are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7-11 Slurpee Discs rule! I remember back in the mid 80's going there after practice to grab my Slurpee. Of course I enjoyed the delicious drink... but I couldn't wait to peel off the false bottom and reveal which coin I received.

    If you're interested in more of these (not sure if I have any Rangers), email me your mailing address and I'll PWE the handful I have laying around.

    ReplyDelete