Monday, August 5, 2013

Finally, Some New Cardboard

This weekend was a good weekend. I finally got my hands on some new cardboard, which felt like the first time that has happened in a long time. I knocked off one of my Top 10 Most wanted and added to a PC. Without further ado, here we go.

2013 Topps Series 2 #659 - Mike Napoli Silver Slate Blue Sparkle
This guy was #3 on my Most Wanted list. I was able to snag it on eBay for under less than $3 shipped (I know it's just a blog, but that doesn't mean poor grammar is welcome, right?). It's the first non-Opening Day blue sparkle that I have.  I love it very much, outside of the fact that he's in a Red Sox uni.  That pains me somewhat.

2013 Bowman Platinum Top Prospects #TP-JG - Joey Gallo
I now have two of this card. You know that anxious feeling we, as collectors, get when a card comes out that we absolutely have to have? Because of that feeling, I goofed. Wednesday, my eBay watch alert made me aware that this card had been placed on the site. Using the "Buy It Now" function, I grabbed it for about $6. I knew I overpaid, but I didn't figure I would pull t he card since I only planned to buy a couple packs.

Fast forward to Saturday. I'm at a LCS and I buy a couple packs. Guess what card is in the very FIRST pack I open? If you guessed anything other than this card, you are wrong. There it was, collated to be the fourth card in the pack. You have got to be kidding me.

So, I have two.  Hooray.

These are my additions from this weekend. I know it's not a big deal to a lot of you, but it wasa  good weekend for me. Until next time, happy ripping!

No comments:

Post a Comment