Monday, October 28, 2013

Sometimes, eBay Makes Me Feel Like A Bad Person

Well, maybe it isn't completely eBay's fault.

I also place some of the blame on the writers whose blogs I follow.

Let me explain. I also see such excitement (usually) when one of my fellow bloggers pulls a great card of someone who isn't one of their PC's or team collections. Those cards they either hang onto, put away for someone specifically or add it to trade bait.

But me? Well, I'm greedy. If it isn't a card I want and I think it might be in demand, I throw it on eBay. Now, to be clear, I almost always leave whatever money I make in my PayPal account to buy cards I actually do want. But I still feel bad.

Case in point: I sold two cards over the weekend. The first was a 2013 Bowman Chrome Canary Yellow Refractor number 6 of 10.



It's a cool card, but not one that I would keep. Yes, I know that I have blog readers that would want this card (Sorry, Weston and Andrew), but I just couldn't trade it.

Here was the second card I sold this weekend:



Again from the 2013 Bowman Chrome product, this is an orange refractor of Giants prospect Mac Williamson, numbered 11 of 25. I have no idea who this guy is, so I have no desire to hang on to it. And after seeing what the two that were on eBay sold for, I had to list it. I sold it in less than two hours and now I will have a good chunk of change to spend on cards I actually want.

So here's the point of the story: please don't hate me for selling cards I don't want!

1 comment:

  1. No hate here. I don't think there's anything wrong with selling cards you can't use in your collection... especially when they're HOT at the time. Just as there are different types of products for collectors... there's different type of collectors. As long as you're not a pack searcher or the guy who trades 1000 base cards to a kid for a Willie Mays autograph... you're all right in my book.

    ReplyDelete