Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Triple Threads Break: The Rough Draft, Ready For Edits

I've had more interest in the case break than I anticipated, so I've had to take a serious look at cost. In the past, Atlanta Sports Cards has been my go-to outlet for boxes, so that's where I looked first and what I based the following information on. 

Furthermore, as Chris a.k.a. Raz noted, there is a large disparity between the number of hits between teams, from 11,099 total hits for the Reds (the Reds, really?) to a low of 1,016 hits for the twins. Therefore, it wouldn't be fair for the owners of these two teams to pay the same amount.

Based on the listed cost of a 9-box case and the cost of packaging and shipping, here's what I've come up with:

Now, this cost is directly tied to the cost of a case ($1459) from ATL Sports Cards. I'm not trying to make a profit, so all of the money would go to purchasing the cards and paying for shipping and packaging. Blowout Cards currently has four cases left at $1409 per case. Dave and Adam's is the high mark at $1605 per case. eBay is currently the cheapest, with a case at $1347. Should I be able to get a case for cheaper than the ATL Sports Cards price, the team prices will be adjusted accordingly.

Now, with all of that being said, here's what I would like to do. As I've mentioned in the past, my LCS, Hometown Sports in North Richland Hills, has been more than fair and nice with me. So, I would like to give him some more business. I already plan on purchasing the packaging supplies from him, but if he can give me a competitive deal on the case, I would like to buy it from him as well. If he can do that, I will conduct and film the break there so that he gets a little publicity when the break is uploaded to the Internet. Furthermore, if any of you DFW bloggers buy into the break, I invite you to join us during the break!

Anyway, I need your thoughts and suggestions. What can I do to make this better? Do you know of a better deal? How can I cut costs so that all teams will be purchased? 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've really thought through this. I like idea of varying costs per team. Looks great so far. Is it too early to get excited?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to be penciled in, but I intend to grab the Royals if someone doesn't beat me to it. You have it priced at the same price as other online breaks, so I'd much prefer to do business with you. I seem to remember that if you tell Blowout that you're purchasing the case for a group break then they'll give you a helluva deal. You just have to tag them every once and a while throughout the break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the case break Crackin Wax did tonight this would make sense. He pulled a ton of Reds hits. Two massive Rangers hits. A Profar /3 patch book and a Mike Olt 1/1 "white whale". Not a single card in the case for the Brewers, Orioles or Marlins. And a few teams that only had a base card or two.

    I would looooove to buy in to your break but I'm just not sure I can afford it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put me down for the Rangers...I'm so mad I didn't get in Crackin Wax's break. That Profar was insane.

    ReplyDelete