Saturday, December 7, 2013

Icemageddon - Has Hell Frozen Over?!?!

Beginning this past Thursday night, winter storm "Cleon" blew into North Texas and squeezed its icy grip on everyone in the area, myself included. And since I live out in the "country," I am low on the list of roads to get cleared. As it stands, i have more than four inches of ice - ice, not snow - in my yard and on the road. 

In other words, I'm stranded. 

Just to be clear, I don't have internet at my house. I'm usually working so late, I just depend on the internet at my office or my cell phone's data package. 

So I'm pretty damn bored. 

I haven't been able to go check my mailbox. I haven't been able to go buy new packs. I can't organize my collection any more. I literally have nothing to do within the hobby. 

I feel lost and alone, like the universe is punishing me. 

Anyway, I really have nothing to say. I just didn't want you to worry about me. Thanks for the concern that I am absolutely certain you all feel for me. 

4 comments:

  1. Temps in Central Texas are low as well. Baylor's game yesterday in Waco was the coldest game ever at the stadium, and on Friday I had to chip off a quarter inch of ice off my windshield to get to my car. Not quite as bad as it sounds in North Texas, but everybody here is doing plenty of moaning about the 23 degree temps. I lived in Idaho for four years, and saw it snow in July, so I can handle the cold better than most San Diegans. Good luck getting un-stranded soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, hope the situation improves for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you Judson! I came to work Thursday night and didn't go home until 11 am Saturday!! Hope it will be warming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful! I moved a meeting in downtown from Thursday afternoon to 9 am Thursday morning so that I could beat the storm, and I barely got back in time. I'm glad you finally made it home though!

      Delete