Monday, December 9, 2013

The Daily List - December 9, 2013


  1. I've already talked about Beckett once today, but I'm going to bring them up again. Does anyone use Beckett Organize to keep their collections organized? If not, are there any other programs/apps/web sites that you use to keep it together? I have nothing, and I need to find a way to keep everything together (digitally) to stay sane.
  2. When does one's collection go from "collection" to "super collection"? Thinking that I might try to get the "supercollector" status with my Anthony Rendon PC someday. He's a young player and I'm getting in at the beginning of his career, so cards are (relatively) inexpensive.
  3. Even the Library of Congress loves Allen & Ginter.
  4. I haven't received a TTM in quite some time. I received one today, and I must say, it is glorious. It comes from former Rangers pitcher Craig McMurtry. The photo is amazing - McMurtry is in the post-pitch fielding stance, and he is rocking some AWESOME glasses and mustache. The signature is beautiful. Unlike today's stars, he actually took time to write out his name legibly in the signature. Thank you Mr. McMurtry!

5 comments:

  1. I spend enough time listing what I need. I don't even want to think about listing what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a flew bloggers mention Zistle.

    It's free and boasts, " Tracking your collection online has never been easier. Showcase your cards and keep tabs on your hobby. See exactly what you have in your collection at the click of a button. It is easy to find your cards with intuitive search, filtering and sorting capabilities. You can record details about your cards in notes, organize cards into custom collections and add scans. Showcase and organize your cards the way you want."

    Oh yeah, I just totally stole that quote from their front page. I'm a bad, bad man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zistle is pretty good.

    And I love 1990 Topps. Yes, I'm the only one that does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Paul Molitor TTM on a 1990 Topps card. I like that set, although I bought a couple boxes of it recently to try to get a set put together and found the photography was a lot blurrier overall than I remembered. Oh well. I think 1990 Topps autographs up pretty nicely.

    ReplyDelete