Monday, July 15, 2013

Massive Mail Day

My mailbox was loaded today with some eBay pickups, a trade package and a brutally abused TTM request.  eBay made it possible to add a few cards for my Collin Wiles PC.

2013 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor #'d 7/50
2013 Bowman Purple Gold Refractor #'d 70/199
2013 Bowman Purple Parallel (No Number)
I was also able to snag the 2013 Topps Archives Bryce Harper Tall Boy for my collection.  This is really the only card I wanted from that set.

2013 Topps Archives Bryce Harper Tall Boy - MT-BH
I also received a failed TTM request from David Ortiz.  I didn't expect this one to be successful, so receiving back an unsigned card is no real surprise.  However, I sent the card in a rigid toploader in an effort to keep it from getting bent in the mail.  I received the card back in a Red Sox envelope without with toploader and a letter explaining he couldn't sign, accompanied with a poorly printed photo and digital signature.  I'm shocked and disappointed in the lack of care given to the card.  I have other copies, but it still seems like the organization would take care of what they were sending back to you.  



I also received a trade package from Greg over at Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle.  It was packed full of awesome goodness, so I am going to get a post up about it soon.

1 comment:

  1. man... I wonder if they took it out of the top loader so that it was machinable and wouldn't cost them a few more cents? Either way, what a bummer.

    ReplyDelete