Monday, July 29, 2013

Trade With Ryan H. of "O" No!!! Another Orioles Blog

Last week, I was able to swap some cardboard with Ryan over at "O" No! Another Orioles Blog.  He recently pulled a couple cards that I wanted from Series 2 and had quite a few cards for his 2013 Bowman set.  It was a match made in baseball card heaven.

Ryan was able to send me a boatload of Series 2 and 2013 Bowman from my need lists.  I'm a mere three cards away from completing my Bowman set.  Please take a look at my need list to see if you have any of them!


The second big piece of the trade was this Jordan Zimmerman Chasing History relic, numbered 42/99.  In case you were wondering, I am a fan of the Nats and have been since they moved to Washington.  Why, you ask?  Well, prior to their move to Arlington, the Rangers were the Washington Senators.  Seem like a loose connection to you?  Well, I guess that's okay.  Regardless, I'm a fan and Zimmerman has been "Straight cash, homey," as Randy Moss would say.  He's posted a sub-3 ERA and is one of the few bright spots for this year's team.  I'm happy to add this to my collection.

2013 Topps Series Two Chasing History - Jordan Zimmerman 42/99
The last piece of the trade is a photo variant of A's outfielder Josh Reddick. I hate the A's, but I truly love this card.  The beard is epic.  I like it more than I liked Brian Wilson's.  So Ryan was kind enough to send it my way.

2012 Topps Series 2  #316 - Josh Reddick (Variant)
Ryan, thanks for the trade!  I appreciate and love all of these cards!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Reddick pic. That card alone is enough reason to start a Reddick PC. They should do one of those DNA cards with a picture of that beard and an actual hair from the beard encapsulated in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greatest. Idea. Ever. There are plenty of ballplayers that could be in that insert - Brian Wilson, Rollie Fingers, Kevin Youkilis, the entire Red Sox team, etc.

      Delete