Friday, April 19, 2013

Why I Should Never Go To A Card Shop

I live on the outskirts of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, which means that the closest card shop is about an hour and a half away.  I'm about to leave for San Diego for a week for vacation, so I thought I would hit up the card shop before I left.  $150 later, I have some pretty solid hits, plus I'm pretty sure my base collection is complete.  Here's what I got:


These are probably the best two hits I landed.  On the left is an on-card auto of Cards first baseman Anthony Rizzo.  He is going to be a stud soon.  Mark my words.  On the right is a 1/1 magenta Printing Plate of Braves hurler Tim Hudson.  I know I'm trying to collect as much as possible of this particular set, but this one could find its way to eBay or could be included in a trade.  Let me know what you think I should do with it.



I snagged two more on-card autos: Rockies shortstop Josh Rutledge and Angels/Royals first baseman Wally Joyner.  The Joyner hit I like - the looping "J" makes the signature unique.


I pulled two mini framed patch relics: one of Melky Cabrera and one of Mark Reynolds.  My relic collection is beginning to take shape!


Lastly, I pulled this Alcides Escobar bat relic.  It's my first wood-bearing relic.  Nothing special - Escobar isn't Josh Hamilton with the lumber - but cool nonetheless.

I also pulled some variation minis, most notably thevariations of Nolan Ryan and Jurickson Profar.  But perhaps my favorite mini was the black mini for Bryce Harper, numbered 144/199.  I'm a big Harper fan, so I got a wee bit excited when I pulled it.

So that was my adventure to the local card shop.  If anyone is in the Colleyville, Texas area, check out Autographs Ink.  The place is absolutely LOADED with autographed memorabilia from every sport conceivable.  Awesome place.   




No comments:

Post a Comment