Wednesday, December 21, 2016

LCS Black Friday Box: 2014 Panini Prizm Perennial Draft Picks

Still trying to catch up on my posting. Last month, my LCS had a Black Friday sale. I was home for Thanksgiving, so I missed it. However, I made a point to visit when I returned to Lubbock. The only box he had left over was a box of 2014 Panini Prizm Perennial Draft Picks. I'm not much for logo-less cards, but I couldn't pass up the deal. 

The box had a good bit of color. I snagged three colored prizm parallels: 




I've heard of Castellani, but the other two are foreign to me. I looked up Norwood, and I now feel sorry for the guy. He shares a name with a European footballer (i.e. soccer player) who dressed up in blackface for a team party. Not a great look.

My box also had four autographs. 


I've definitely heard of Derek Fisher. This is a base Prizm auto.


This is a Purple Prizm auto of Royals backstop Chase Vallot. Never heard of him, either.


This is a blue pulsar auto of former Dodgers' farmhand Grant Holmes. I've actually heard of Holmes. This card probably had a lot more value before he was traded to the A's.

And the final auto:


Another Grant Holmes! This one of the red prizm variety. It was a Holmes hot box!!!

Not bad for what I paid for the box. It was a fun break. All of the cards shown in this post are officially up for trade!

1 comment:

  1. Solid box. I grabbed a bunch of these boxes that Dave & Adams was blowing out pretty cheap. Panini really must've cranked out a bunch of this product!

    ReplyDelete