Monday, February 27, 2017

Topps Redemption Update and A Plea For Your Help!

I've been waiting for an eternity for a Nomar Mazara base auto from 2016 Stadium Club. This was his first MLB auto, though he had a few minor league autos. Regardless, I grew tired of waiting and requested a replacement.

Recently, the Topps redemption processed was supposed to be sped up by merging the redemption website with the primary site. That was not the case with my replacement this time; it took more than two months (maybe even three) before I received the replacement.

As has been the case recently, Topps did go out of their way to send an additional card as a "sorry" for the delay. This is what I received:


This is a base auto of Erik Johnson from 2014 Bowman Inception. If I'm not mistaken, Johnson is with the Padres now. Not a bad card, but definitely no complaints as it was free.

The card that Topps sent to replace the Mazara auto is...well, you decide:


Nomar Garciaparra red ink auto numbered 45 of 65 from 2014 Topps Heritage. I have a love/hate relationship with this card. I love it because it's from Heritage, my favorite set. However, the red ink signed over the dark ink of the jersey makes the signature very hard to see. It is what it is, and I have to say that I think it is probably better than the card it replaced.

Now on to my question. Next month (March 16 to be exact), I will be flying in to Boston for a conference. The conference is in New Hampshire, so I will be there the morning of evening of March 17 through the evening of March 18. However, I am traveling alone. I'm one of those people that don't like to do things alone. Is there anyone in the Boston area that would like to meet up and show me around a bit? I want to see as many of the historical sites as possible, and getting a tour of Fenway is a must. If you are interested and available, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I am waiting on a replacement I request six months ago. The process is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's "redemption report" has some Mazara's in it.
    https://www.topps.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Redemotion-Report-170227.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think value-wise they did a solid. But it always sucks not getting the one guy you want. Enjoy your Boston trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That No-mah is fantastic! Have fun in Boston. I've never been even close to there. Furthest east I've been is Texas... and haven't been there in three decades. One day though. One day.

    ReplyDelete