Sunday, July 2, 2017

Retail Treats Me Right

I have zero interest in Topps Archives. I think it is ridiculous that Topps has two "vintage inspired" products in Heritage and Archives, and for me, Heritage is enough. However, Archives frequently has Fan Favorite autographs of some lesser-known former players, and that I do like. 

When the checklist for 2017 Archives was released, I saw that Lenny Randle was representing the Rangers in this year's Fan Favorites autograph insert. I decided that I would grab some retail, as I did not and do not care to purchase a box for approximately $100 at my LCS.

I went to my local Wally World and grabbed three rack packs and a blaster. Nothing fun in the blaster, but in the second of the rack packs, I pulled this:


What are the odds that I would actually pull the card I was looking for? I'm not sure that has ever happened to me. I love the card, especially the smiley face Randle included over his last name!

So, I was fortunate. Retail treated me right and I have no need - or desire - to buy any more Archives this year. 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your great fortune! I liked Lenny when he was with the Mets, I think I'm going to have to track this card down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I wonder if he put a smiley on every card he signed? Or maybe you pulled some special SP?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has never happened to me. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete