Friday, June 7, 2013

Awesome TTM Success...and Vegas Sucks

I got back from Vegas at 2 a.m. this morning, so needless to say I am pretty exhausted. However, what I found in my mailbox this morning made my day.

2012 Bowman Draft Prospects #BCPP23 - Barrett Barnes (Refractor)

Behold, a 2012 Bowman Chrome #23 Barrett Barnes, both the refractor and base card.  The refractor is signed in blue and the base is signed in silver.

2012 Bowman Draft Prospects #BCPP23 - Barrett Barnes
Barrett is a personal favorite of mine.  While working on my Master's at Texas Tech, I occasionally helped with the athletic media department.  Part of this included working baseball games, which meant that I got to watch Barnes on a regular basis.

Barnes is exciting.  He's fast, he hits in the clutch and his defense is spectacular.  The guy can mash to left field. While at Tech, he hit .319 which included 33 home runs, 140 runs-batted-in, 51 doubles and nine triples. Barnes scored 171 runs and swiped 50 bases (out of 56 attempts).

Barrett was taken by the Pirates (45th overall) in the first round of the 2012 Amateur Draft. He's playing in Low A West Virginia. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked about Barnes getting to the Bigs.  It can't come soon enough.

And in case you're wondering, I lost my ass in Vegas (pardon the language). I hate that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment