Saturday, January 23, 2016

I Finally Decided Which Vintage Set To Work On

I've been taking some time trying to determine which vintage set I would like to tackle, and I'm pretty sure I've figured it out.

1969 Topps Baseball. 

After looking at endless amounts of data, it seems that 1969 isn't too big and it isn't too expensive. Yes, there are expensive cards in the set, but it doesn't seem to be as bad as other sets. It also helps that I had a handful of '69 cards that I purchased a couple years ago.

I started an eBay search for the set, and found a couple cheap additions that had also been graded by PSA. If you know anything about me, it's probably that I'm a sucker for slabs. So, for under $5 shipped, I added these two to the collection:


Card #24 Walt Alston. I already had a copy of this card, but like I said, I'm a sucker for slabs and this one was very affordable.


Card #319 Ken McMullen. I did not have this card. The really interesting thing about this card is the back:


Do you see it? The error, that is? The statistics headings are for a pitcher. This is just one of the many errors (both corrected and uncorrected) in the 1969 set, which is just another sign of character, if you ask me. 

So there ya go, my first additions to my quest to complete the 1969 Topps set. If you have any extras sitting around, let;s work out a trade!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same about this set, especially because it's my birth year. Great pick up's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodluck with the set. I'm chasing the 67 set at the moment. Not together easiest task

    ReplyDelete