Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Recent TTM Successes

I don't recall if I have mentioned this before, but Pat Neshek of the Oakland A's is working on getting every card from the 1985 Topps set signed. His story is awesome, and it is partly responsible for me jumping back into the collecting game.

I decided to work on getting my 2013 Gypsy Queen set signed.  Yes, I know that it is a new set.  Yes, I understand that some of the players in the set have passed away.  Yes, I am okay with trying to get a set autographed knowing that I'm not going to be able to get every card signed.

Now that that is out of the way, I have a few cards to share.


I received back card #13, Wei Yin Chen of the Baltimore Orioles, on Monday.  This card excites me for two reasons.  First, Chen was a stellar pitcher last season, his rookie year.  He picked up 12 wins, which placed him fourth among A.L. rookies.  Second, Chen signed it in his native language, which I believe to be Mandarin Chinese.  It is extremely unique and will definitely stand out in my set.


This Nick Maronde rookie card came back to me yesterday.  I'm glad it came back.  As a Ranger fan, I get to see the Angels 19 times a year, and from what I've seen of this kid, he has some serious potential.


And here is the best card to come back thus far.  I also received this A.J. Pierzynski auto yesterday in the mail (it was a good day for TTM).  First, I've become a huge fan of A.J.  I hated him when he was in Chicago. He seemed cocky and arrogant. However, he has grown on me.  No one works harder or cares more than he does.  Second, the signature is awesome.  He covers the entire card.  How sweet does that look?!?!

Hopefully, I will have a few more pieces to post later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment