Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mail Day Nets A Surprise From Raz!!!

A couple of days ago, I found a nice surprise waiting for me in my mailbox: a bubble mailer from Raz! He obviously knows me well....


First up, a mini refractor of Rangers catching prospect Jorge Alfaro. He's said to be the best catching prospect the Rangers have had since Pudge...those are mighty big shoes to fill. I hope he does.

The second card was this guy:


The Bowman Top 100 insert of Joey Gallo. Now, I don't agree that he is the seventy-fifth best prospect in the minors, but I may be biased.

I've been so caught up in working on the Jackson/Choice project that I have completely neglected getting these cards. So, Raz, I thank you! This was a big help to me!

I've also snagged a few more Bowman cards over the past two weeks. When the product hit, I decided that at the very least, I was going to get the base autos of the Rangers that were featured. For those who aren't aware, the Rangers had five autos: Chris Bostick (Chrome), Yohander Mendez (Chrome), Luke Jackson (Chrome), Michael Choice (Chrome) and Isiah Kiner-Falefa (retail paper).

I have officially obtained all of the base autos:




The Mendez and Kiner-Falefa I have, but didn't scan (they are at home - I forgot to scan them). There are a couple other autos, as well. A couple weeks ago I posted about the Lewis Brinson Under Armour card from 2012 that was in this year's product (I still bought a copy):


There is also a Bowman Black card for Chris Bostick, but I haven't been able to snag a copy yet. I am having a problem spending that kind of money on a card of a player who I really know nothing about.

o there you have it! An update on my newest additions from Raz and eBay!

No comments:

Post a Comment