I've wanted to do a contest for a while, but I wanted to do something different. After reading through the message boards over at Freedom Cardboard, I think I found my idea.
Introducing, the 2014 MCH Heritage TTM Contest!!!! This is a contest that involves TTM autographs, so if that is something you have no interest in, you can stop reading now.
Still reading? Sweet! Let's get to it. The idea of the game is to send out some 2013 or 2014 Heritage cards in hopes of getting them back, signed. Cards are scored (you'll see the score sheet below), and when the regular season wraps up, the contest will too. The winner will receive a cool prize!
Here are the rules:
- There are 10 participants. First to sign up, first in. Cut off after 10 participants.
- All participants will be entered into the Randomizer, the list will be randomized 13 times (my lucky number).
- Based on this list, Player #1 will pick 10 cards from 2013 & 2014 Heritage to send off for TTM. Each participant is responsible for obtaining the cards you select (I'm fresh out of cards to send out so I have nine).
- One card must be that participant’s favorite player; participant will have to identify player when selecting cards.
- After Player #1 selects his 10, Player #2 will choose 10 (and so on and so forth)
- If two participants have the same favorite player, they can both select that card.
- A card can only be chosen by one participant! (unless that is another participant’s favorite player, then he can choose that player as well)
- However, if a player has a card in both the 2013 & 2014 sets, both can be chosen. A participant cannot select a card for the same player from both sets.
- If a card is chosen that features two or more players, the participant can score more points if both/all players sign the card. (i.e. a "League Leaders" card)
- Cards cannot go out in the mail until June 21.
- When a card is returned, it will be scored. (See scoring chart below) The participant must scan the card and email it to me at judsonmeeks AT gmail DOT com. I will then post the card on the official contest page along with the points scored for that card. Participants are encouraged to post returns on their blog as well.
- Last day of scoring will be September 28th, 2014. (Last day of the regular season)
- This is a winner-take-all contest. Second place gets you nothing!!!
- Winner receives a blaster -OR- $20 toward an as-of-now unannounced group break (more details on that in the coming months) -AND- something else that is nice.
- As commissioner, I will not be participating in the contest. I will be the final arbiter of all conflicts.
Here's the scoring breakdown:
First signed return in the contest = 6 Points
Multi-signed card* = 5 Points**
Base signature = 3 Points
Favorite player = 2 Points
Inscription = 2 Points
Bat on shoulder = 1 Point
Facial Hair = 1 Point
*The multi-signed card must have signatures from ALL players featured on the card in order to be scored.
** Five points will be awarded for each player signature on the card (2 players, 10 points; 3 players, 15 points. etc.)
If this sounds like something you would like to participate in, sign up below. I know I said above that the contest is limited to 10 players, but if more than that want to play, then I am willing to add more. In other words, just sign up below in the comments if you want to play.
I would like to have everyone signed up by Monday so that we can "draft" our cards beginning next week.
If you can think of any changes or positive additions to the contest, let me know.
Well, that's it! Get signed up!!!
Sign me up.ReplyDelete
Sure what the heck. Count me in. One question though. Will the cards we choose be provided or are we required to buy them for ourselves?ReplyDelete
Sign me up please. Got back into TTM last season and I'm up for the challengeReplyDelete
I have a ton of heritage 13 and 14 if people need 'em to get this going.ReplyDelete
Sign me up. This is a win win.ReplyDelete
Sign me up too.ReplyDelete
Caitlin, I have you down! Can you shoot me your email address? judsonmeeks AT gmail DOT com. Thanks!Delete
I realized I never gave an email address, potziecards at yahoo dot com.ReplyDelete
Still interested in the contest if possible.