Thursday, June 5, 2014

Adding to the 2014 Bowman Jackson Collection

First: Only EIGHT spots remain for my 2014 Bowman Chrome Case Break! Learn how you can win $20 to go toward your spot here!!!
--------------------
With my collecting interests...narrowing...I've been spending less on eBay. Outside of a new Tom Grieve card, I've been focusing on putting together a complete rainbow from 2014 Bowman. For no particular reason, it seems as though I have been focusing that effort on Luke Jackson.

Here are my latest additions:


First up, the orange wave refractor. A lot of people think the wave refractors are cheesy, but I really like them. Don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you. I guess that I just find it pretty. And if you tell anyone that I called a baseball card pretty, I will hunt you down.


This is the black paper parallel, numbered 25 of 99. Ignore the white dots, those came from my scanner. But I do have a bone to pick with this card (and many that Topps has put out this year): the centering is HORRIBLE. I read somewhere that when Heritage released, Topps blamed the poor centering on their new printer, who had little time to work out the kinks before the product needed to be printed. They've had plenty of time now to fix this issue but haven't. I'm starting to think that Topps really doesn't give a crap about collectors.

Anyway, enough with the rant. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. The centering on Bowman was awful last year, especially on things like the Mini Top 5 Refractors. Between reused photos, lack of quality control, and abandoned promotional programs, Topps definitely doesn't give much of a lick about collectors.

    ReplyDelete