Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ramblings...

I have a bunch of stuff in my head that I need to write about, but none of it really deserves a devoted post, so prepare yourselves: I'm dumping it all into one post.

First, roughly half of the spots in my 2014 Gypsy Queen Half Case Break are still available! $40 gets you a team of your choice, a randomly assigned team AND shipping! The sooner I get the spots filled and money collected, the sooner I can lock in a great price on a box! Sign up here!
------------------------------
I went back to my LCS a couple weeks ago. I've talked in the past how awesome he is to me (see here and here). Jimmy was overly kind again. He gave me an awesome Christmas gift:


A Nelson Cruz 2012 Triple Threads triple relic numbered 10 of 36. Seriously, Jimmy is incredible. So incredible, in fact, that I would love it if you would all browse his eBay profile and see if he has anything for sale that you would like. His prices are very competitive (I think). If you do buy something, be sure to send him a note letting him know I sent you. I'm not being paid, I don't get any discounts - I just want him to know that I appreciate him and the way he treats me.
------------------------------
A couple of nights ago, I posted some of my parallel pages. Some of you may be wondering why I have a Brian Roberts rainbow in progress, others may have figured it out. For those that haven't here's the skinny. Bryce Harper is my favorite player, but his cards do not carry my favorite prices. They are very steep. Mr. Roberts, on the other hand, is fairly affordable AND he happens to share a card with Harper in this year's Topps flagship set. So there you go. Easy as that.
------------------------------
Lastly, I feel it necessary to mention that I have lost my passion for collecting Ranger team sets. I feel terrible - many have gone out of your way to send me amazing cards to help me with that project. There is no particular reason for this, I just don't find myself caring about them as much anymore. So, that being said, this project is on a temporary hiatus....until when, I am not sure.

So there you have it...an entire's post filled with random ramblings. Go sign up for my break!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking Triple Threads card! Great idea chasing the Brian Roberts/Bryce Harper cards!

    ReplyDelete