Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Few Quick Updates

First and foremost, I have revived my old Rangers blog, The Infield Grass. I used to offer daily content on everything Texas Rangers, but I got tired and took a break for a while. I've got her up and running again, so mosey on over and check it out. And if you're a Ranger fan and feel like helping me out, I'm always looking for more writers. Comment below if you're interested!
--------------------
My last post about databases for collection brought in a few responses. I don't know if it's because y'all actually care or because you don't want to see the Miley Cyrus video (ever again), but I appreciate the input. Tom from Waiting Till Next Year was the first to suggest Zistle, followed by many more. I e-mailed him back, but I will share the essence of my reply to that. I have a Zistle account. However, I've found that when looking for some of the higher-end cards like Triple Threads, I'm finding that in order for me to post them in my own Zistle collection, I have to create the card. This is no problem, but if I am going to have to essentially create my own collection on the website, I would rather just build a database for my own personal use. That is not intended to be a shot at Zistle; rather, it is more of a "I'd rather do it the way I want it" type of statement. For the time being, I'll continue updating Zistle, but I may change that in the future.
--------------------
Sunday, there is a card show in Plano, Texas, that I wanted to go to. However, I was scheduled to be out of town for an early-morning meeting the next day. That trip got bumped up - I spent Tuesday night and yesterday morning in Austin dealing with the Texas Railroad Commission (the goevernment body that oversees oil & gas production in the state). It was an absolute pain in the ass, but it also means that I am now free to attend the card show! This will be my first show in close to 25 years. I'm pretty excited about it!
--------------------
The change in my work schedule also ruined some of my other plans. Raz himself, the great mind behind The Raz Card Blog, was in town for work.During his stay, he visited Duane's Card Shop a couple times. I wanted to meet up with him and take him to my LCS and show him some of the other card shops in the area, but was unable to do so because of my trip. Chris, I have some cards to send your way as an apology, of sorts!
--------------------
That Miley Cyrus video was bad - and not in an "awesomely bad" way. Therefore, I give you this video which is awesomely bad, from one of my favorite bands!


2 comments:

  1. Now that's a song. Lucky enough to them in in concert a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Just came across your blog thanks to Baseball Card Breakdown.

    One - I know in your original post you had the group break deadline for the end of February - has it happened yet, and if not, can I get in on that?

    Two - I use The Trading Card Database (tradingcarddb.com) - the newer checklists get added pretty quickly, and it's easy to build a collection, a want list, and split off what's available for sale/trade. There's a list function that I haven't played with very much, and a transaction tool that I've used a couple times.

    Last - I'll take a look at your trade list shortly and see if there's anything with which I can help.

    ReplyDelete